Smoked Stuffed Pork Loin
- 1 – 4 lb Pork Loin
- 10 slices Unger Meats Bacon, chopped
- 1 ½ cup Arugula
- 6-8 oz Mushrooms, Chopped (one small container)
- ½ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tsp Thyme
- 2 tsp Parsley
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Yellow Mustard (for finishing)
- Meat Church Honey Hog BBQ Rub
- Preheat pellet grill to 225 degrees F. If you are using a gas or charcoal grill, set it up for low direct heat.
- Prepare the stuffing: Fry chopped Bacon in cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and sauté for 3-5 mins, stirring often. Remove from heat and stir in Arugula, Parsley, Thyme and Ground Black Pepper. The Arugula will wilt as you stir it.
- Place Pork Loin on a cutting board and butterfly (see video for instruction). Place a long knife an inch inside the right side of the loin, cutting down lengthwise and curving the knife, while pulling the loin to the left with your other hand, until loin is completely unfolded and rectangular.
- Season the inside of the loin with a GENEROUS layer of Meat Church Honey Hog BBQ Rub – DON’T SKIMP ON THE RUB! It’s not a salty one.
- Spoon the Bacon/mushroom mixture on the loin. Evenly distribute, leaving a 1” gap to the right edge. Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese.
- Carefully roll Pork Loin from left to right, then secure with butcher’s twine.
- Rub a thin layer of Mustard on all sides of the rolled up Loin and coat GENEROUSLY with Meat Church Honey Hog BBQ Rub all over the loin.
- Smoke Pork Loin at 225 degrees F for approximately 1 hour 45 mins.
- Turn up the temperature to 350 degrees F and continue smoking to reach 145 degrees F internal temperature – nothing over 145 degrees F. Remove pork from grill and allow to rest for 15 mins (covered).
- Place pork on cutting board, remove the twine, slice and serve immediately.