Bacon Wrapped Armadillo Eggs
- 1 lb Unger Meats Bacon
- 1 lb Unger Meats Raw Pork Breakfast Sausage
- 6 medium to large Jalapeño Peppers
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- Lanes BBQ Sweet Heat Rub & Seasoning
- Lanes BBQ “Kinda Sweet” Sauce
- Preheat wood pellet smoker to 250F.
- In a bowl mix softened cream cheese with Lanes BBQ Sweet Heat Seasoning; about 2 Tblsp. But use however much you would like.
- Cut the tops off the jalapeños and core them out using the back end of the spoon, removing all the seeds. Fill the jalapeños with the cream cheese mixture.
- Encase each jalapeño with the breakfast sausage. Just a nice thin layer is good – enough to cover all sides of the jalapeño.
- Then wrap with bacon – it should take about 3 slices of bacon per jalapeño. We used 3 slices and on some bigger ones we used 4
- Once all the jalapeños are fully wrapped with bacon, season with the Lanes BBQ Sweet Heat Seasoning.
- Place on smoker for 1 ½ hours or until the internal temperature reaches 165F.
- Remove and increase the temperature of the smoker to 300F. Brush eggs with Lanes BBQ Kinda Sweet Sauce and place back on the smoker for about 10 mins.
- Remove the eggs and allow to rest for about 10 minutes.