Whole Roasted Chicken No 2
- 1 Heritage Lane Farms Whole Chicken
- Texas Pepper Jelly • Craig’s Chicken Seasoning
- Von Slick’s Finishing Butter – Roasted Red Pepper
- Cooking Twine to tie legs together
- Preheat wood pellet grill to 250 degrees F
- Season the outside of the chicken generously with the Craig’s Chicken Seasoning
- Using the cooking twine, tie the legs together and then tuck the wings underneath the chicken. (Tying the legs together and tucking the wings underneath allows for more even cooking)
- Place the prepared chicken on the grill, breast up, and insert temperature probe into thickest part of the breast.
- Once the temperature probe reads 150 degrees F (this took about 3 hours), turn up the heat to 350 degrees F and continue to cook until the temperature probe reads 165 degrees F (this took approximately ½ hour). This increased temperature will crisp up the skin nicely.
- Once the chicken reaches 165 degrees F. remove from the grill, and rub generously with Von Slick’s Roasted Red Pepper Finishing Butter. Tent with foil and allow to rest for approximately 15 mins.
Simple and amazing! Enjoy!
COOKING TIME and TEMPERATURE NOTES:
The total cooking time was 3 ½ hours with an internal temperature of 165 degrees F The first 3 hours were undisturbed. Once the heat was increased to 350 it was on the grill for another 30 mins.