Whole Roasted Chicken No 1
- 1 Heritage Lane Farms Whole Chicken
- Pit Boss Champion Chicken Rub
- Von Slick’s Finishing Butter – Roasted Red Pepper
- Cooking Twine to tie legs together
- Preheat wood pellet grill to 250 degrees F
- Gently separate the skin from the breast with you
- Place a generous pat of Von Slick’s Roasted Red Pepper Finishing Butter between the skin and meat of each breast.
- Season the outside of the ENTIRE chicken generously with the Pit Boss Champion Chicken Rub
- Using the cooking twine, tie the legs together and then tuck the wings underneath the chicken. (Tying the legs together and tucking the wings underneath allows for more even cooking)
- Place the prepared chicken on the grill, breast up, and insert temperature probe into thickest part of the breast.
- Once the temperature probe reads 150 degrees F (this took about 3 hours), turn up the heat to 350 degrees F and continue to cook until the temperature probe reads 165 degrees F (this took approximately ½ hour). This increased temperature will crisp up the skin nicely.
- Remove the chicken from the grill, tent with foil and allow to rest for approximately 15 mins.
Simple and amazing! Enjoy!
COOKING TIME and TEMPERATURE NOTES:
The total cooking time was 3 ½ hours with an internal temperature of 165 degrees F The first 3 hours were undisturbed. Once the heat was increased to 350 it was on the grill for another 30 mins.