Top Sirloin Beef Roast
- 1 Top Sirloin Beef Roast (about 3 lbs)
- 3 cloves Whole Garlic, cut in half
- Lane’s BBQ Blackening Rub/Seasoning
- Salted Butter – at the end
- IMPORTANT – Remove the roast from the fridge and allow to sit on the counter for approximately 30-45 mins to warm up.
- IMPORTANT – Leave the butcher twine ON the roast for cooking. This allows it to keeps it shape while cooking therefore helping it to retain all the juices. *ALSO, will help you know which way to cut the roast later.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- With a sharp knife, cut small random openings deep into roast and push the cut garlic cloves into the cuts.
- Rub a generous layer of Lane’s BBQ Blackening Rub all over the roast. This is no time to be shy about how much rub you’re using!
- Place the roast in roasting pan/baking dish with a wire rack bottom.
- Cook for 1 hour then check the internal temperature with an instant read thermometer (available in-store). Our roast took a total of 1 hr 45 mins to reach 135 F.
- IMPORTANT – Remove meat when roast probe inserted registers 135 degrees F (for medium rare) or 150 degrees F (for medium/well).
- Transfer roast to carving board and lay the roast down.
- BUTTER + REST! Place about 5 large pats of salted butter on the roast and then tent tightly with foil. Allow to rest for 15 minutes. Temperature will continue to rise approximately 10 degrees while resting.
- Carve roast into thin slices cutting AGAINST THE GRAIN* (TIP: Butcher’s always tie the twine against the grain so cut the direction of the string.)