Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
- 1 Pork Tenderloin
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 3 cups spinach, coarsely chopped
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes in oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- zest of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons oil or butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Butterfly the tenderloin by cutting a deep slit lengthwise on the tenderloin from end to end without going all the way through. Open the tenderloin and pound out as flat as possible.
- Saute mushrooms and garlic in a pan with a small amount of butter until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Add spinach, rosemary & thyme and combine just until spinach is wilted.
- Remove from heat and add sun dried tomatoes and stir until well combined.
- Spread mixture over pounded tenderloin and sprinkle with goat cheese then roll up lengthwise.
- Tie with kitchen string.
- In a heavy skillet, heat oil or butter and butter over medium heat until browning but not burnt. Brown tenderloin on all sides – only like a minute or two per side, turning until all sides are browned.
- Then transfer to baking dish and bake in preheated oven for 10-15 mins.