Spaghetti Squash & Italian Sausage Bake
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 tbsp olive oil *we use Prairie Oils & Vinegars Garlic Infused Olive Oil – this adds so much flavour to the squash
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 4 links Unger Meats Italian Sausage
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can diced stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 4 tbsp butter
- Slice Italian sausage casing and scrape out ground sausage.
- In a large skillet, cook Italian sausage in olive oil until nearly cooked through.
- Add onion and garlic and continue cooking until onion is soft.
- Add diced tomatoes, black beans and corn and combine all and cook until bubbling.
- Add sausage mixture to casserole dish with the squash.
- Mix all together until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, melt butter and combine with parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.
- Cover top of casserole with bread crumb mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, in 375 oven for 20-25 mins.