Smoked Pork Butt
- 10 lb Bone-In Pork Shoulder Roast
- Meat Church Texas Sugar BBQ Rub
- Preheat wood pellet smoker to 250 F.
- Prepare the Pork Shoulder by lightly scoring the fat cap.
- Season generously with Meat Church Texas Sugar and allow to rest for approximately 30 mins.
- Place the Pork Shoulder directly onto the smoker grate and allow to smoke for approximately 5 hours (this was for a 10 lb shoulder). Time will vary depending on the size of the roast you are smoking. Although we were going more for the colouring, we pulled it at 170 F.
- After smoking, remove the Pork Shoulder to a foil pan and add a bit more of the Meat Church Texas Sugar BBQ Rub all over the roast.
- Tent tightly with foil and return to the smoker. Probe and allow to cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 200 F.
- Remove from smoker, pull apart and enjoy!