Smoked Pig Shots
- Smoked Sausage links – cut into ½” thick rounds
We used Unger Meats Skinless Farmer Sausage
- Unger Meats Bacon (cut in half)
- 8 oz block of Cream Cheese (softened)
- ½ cup grated Bothwell Nacho Blend Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Jalapeños (chopped fine)
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Meat Church Honey Hog Seasoning
- Toothpicks (for securing the bacon to the sausage)
- Prepare your smoker to a temperature of 350 degrees F
- Allow the cream cheese to soften. In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, jalapeños , shredded cheese, chili powder and Meat Church Honey Hog seasoning.
- Combine thoroughly in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Slice farmer sausage into 1/2-inch slices.
- Cut bacon strips in half. Wrap bacon around the sausage, creating a bowl and secure with a toothpick.
- Fill the “shot glass” with the cream cheese mixture.
- Place the pig shots in the smoker until the bacon is crispy and golden brown, about 45 to 60 minutes. We checked them at 30 minutes and removed them at 45. It all depends how you like your bacon.
- Remove the pig shots from the grill and cool for 10 minutes before you enjoy them (the cream cheese will be HOT!)