Smoked Mashed Potato Bacon Balls
- 3 cups leftover Mashed Potatoes
- 1 cup cooked chopped Bacon
- ½ cup Chopped Chives
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cubed Cheese of Choice – we used Bothwell Mozzarella
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-2 Tbsp Flour
- 4 Tbsp Hard Core Carnivore Sweet Heat BBQ Rub or
Meat Church Honey Hog HOT BBQ Rub (or seasoning of your choice)
- 1 ½ – 2 cups Corn Flake Crumbs
- Preheat wood pellet smoker to 225 F.
- Combine the mashed potatoes with the chopped bacon, chives and salt & pepper. *Note, if you are making fresh mashed potatoes, allow them to cool. Cold mashed potatoes work best for rolling.
- In a separate bowl, combine the Flour and BBQ Seasoning of choice.
- In another bowl, whisk the 2 eggs.
- In another bowl, add the Corn Flake Crumbs.
- Scoop mashed potatoes with an ice cream scoop or tablespoon. Flatten gently, place a cheese cube in the centre. Wrap the mashed potatoes around the cheese cube to form a ball.
- Roll the mashed potato ball in the flour and seasoning mixture, then into the eggs and finally gently roll in the corn flake crumbs.
- Place the prepared balls onto the smoker for approximately 45 mins. Remove from smoker and serve. ENJOY!