Smoked Mac n’ Cheese
- 1 package Macaroni Noodles – cooked al dente
- 2 Tblsp Butter
- 2 Tblsp Flour
- 2 cups Heavy Cream or Half & Half
- 1 lb Bothwell Cheese Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- ½ lb Bothwell Cheese Smoked Gouda, shredded
(go with whatever kind of cheese you prefer)
- 1 tsp Spiceology SPG (Salt, Pepper, Garlic)
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 Tblsp Heartbeat Hot Sauce Louisiana Style
- 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 lb Bacon, cooked and chopped fine
- Preheat the smoker to 350 F.
- Cook the noodles to al dente. The mac and cheese will be sitting on the smoker for at least an hour which will give the cooked pasta plenty of time to soften further. If you start the process with pasta that’s already been cooked all the way it could end up mushy.
- Drain and set aside.
Make the cheese sauce. Melt the butter then whisk in the flour until it’s smooth. Whisk in the half & half, bring it just to a boil, turn off the heat and stir in the shredded cheese by handfuls and whisk it until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Add the Heartbeat Hot Sauce.
- Toss the pasta and sauce together until all of the macaroni noodles are coated. Add the mayonnaise, sour cream and SPG. Still well to combine and transfer to cast iron pan.
- Make the topping. Combine the panko and bacon and cover the Mac n Cheese.
- Smoke for approximately 1 ½ hours or until bubbling and browned.
- Remove from the smoker and allow to rest before serving.