Smoked Garlic Butter Cross Rib Roast
- Unger Meats 3lb Cross Rib Beef Roast
- Heath Riles BBQ Garlic Butter Seasoning
- Mustard (as carrier)
- Preheat wood pellet smoker to 250 F.
- Prepare roast by rubbing all over with thin layer of regular mustard.
- Season generously with Heath Riles BBQ Garlic Butter Seasoning.
- Place on the smoker until internal temperature reaches 135 F.
- Transfer from the rack to a foil pan that has approximately ¼ cup water or beef broth. Cover tightly with tinfoil and return to the smoker until internal temperature reaches 145 F (medium rare to medium).
- Remove from smoker at 145 F and allow to rest 15-20 minutes.
- Slice and serve with mushroom gravy. Reserve the drippings to make gravy.
- Drippings from roast
- Beef Broth
- Caramelized Mushrooms
- In a saucepan, bring drippings to a boil.
- While stirring continuously with a whisk, sprinkle flour into drippings until it become thick. Careful not to put too much flour in a time; not stirring constantly will result in lumpy gravy.
- Stir until smooth.
- Slowly add beef broth and continue whisking until a smooth gravy forms.
- Low simmer/boil for approximately 5 mins.
- Season with additional Garlic Butter seasoning and fresh ground pepper.
- In a separate saucepan, caramelize the sliced mushrooms. Melt butter and cook sliced mushrooms until golden brown.
- Add the mushrooms to the gravy and stir to combine.
- Serve over Cross Rib Roast slices.