Reverse Sear Tri Tip
- 1 Beef Tri Tip
- Killer Hogs Steak Rub
- Preheat the smoker to 225 F
- Trim away any excess fat and any silver skin (optional and personal preference)
- Season with Killer Hogs Steak Rub. Allow to adhere for about 15 mins.
- Place the tri tip on the smoker. For medium doneness, we recommend smoking until it reaches an internal temperature of 125-130 F. If you like it more rare, remove at 115 – 120 F.
- Remove from the smoker once it reaches your desired doneness and rest under foil while you heat the grill for searing. Increase smoker temperature to 500 F and pen the flame broiler.
- Return the tri tip to the smoker and sear each side for about 1 minute.
- Remove, rest and enjoy with Chimichurri Sauce.ENJOY!