- 2 x Pork Tenderloins (silver skin removed and cut into cubes)
- 6 Metal (or wooden skewers)
*if using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water overnight
- Heath Riles Authentic Honey Rub
- Prairie Oils & Vinegar Basil Infused Olive Oil
- 1 large Red Bell Pepper
- 1 large Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 large Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Onion (sweet yellow or red)
- Preheat the smoker to 250 F
- PREPARE THE TENDERLOINS: Remove any excess fat from the tenderloins as well as the silver skin. The silver skin is a different shade of pink than the rest of the meat – mostly white. It will only be only on one side of the tenderloin. Next, pick the side of the silver skin that you will cut from. It is easiest to start at the edge of the loin and cut towards the middle. Get your sharp, narrow knife and wiggle it underneath the start of the silver skin. Don’t go too deep into the meat. You should see your knife poke out the other side. Tilt your knife blade up slightly, and hold on to the silver skin tightly. Now, begin to cut very slowly towards the middle of the pork tenderloin (away from yourself) until you reach the end of the silver skin. Slowly is key here. It allows you a bit more precision so you don’t accidentally cut through the silver skin too early. Keep going until all the silver skin from the pork tenderloin is removed. You may need to start again in other spots to get it all.
- SEASON THE TENDERLOINS: Season the pork generously with Heath Riles Authentic Honey Rub. Marinade overnight (or at least several hours).
- PREPARE THE VEGETABLES: Chop the vegetables into big chunks. Toss with Prairie Oils & Vinegars Basil Infused Olive Oil and sprinkle with Heath Riles Authentic Honey Rub.
- PREPARE THE SKEWERS: Prepare each skewer by alternating the meat and vegetables.
- SMOKING THE SKEWERS: Place the skewers directly on the grill and smoke for approximately 30 mins or until the meat reach an internal temperature of 135-140 F. You may want to turn them one or twice during the smoking process. ENJOY!