Polish Sausage, White Bean & Spinach Soup
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1 cup Carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 Unger Meats Polish Sausage
cut into bite-sized pcs
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 – 15 oz can White Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 – 2-3” piece Parmesan Cheese Rind
- 3 cups packed Baby Spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Heat oil in a Dutch Oven over medium heat. Add chopped onions and carrots then sauté until crisp tender – about 5-7 mins. Place the lid on for the last few minutes to help speed along the softening process. Turn up the heat slightly then add the Polish Sausage and continue salting until sausage starts to turn a nice golden brown – about 5 to 10 mins. Add garlic then sauté until very fragrant and golden brown.
- Add a “glug” of Chicken Broth then use a wooden spoon to scrape up the caramelized bits from the bottom of the pot. Add remaining chicken broth plus beans, bay leaf and parmesan cheese rind. Turn up the heat to high and bring soup to a boil. Turn the heat down to medium-low then simmer for 15-25 mins.
- Add fresh spinach and grated parmesan cheese. Stir and simmer until spinach is wilted 1-2 mins.
- Remove the bay leaves (leave the parmesan rind in for added flavour). Scoop into bowls and serve with warm crusty bread.