Pig Wings II
- Pig Wings
- Yellow Mustard
- BBQ Seasoning of choice. We used several:
- Spiceology Jalapeño Popper Seasoning Blend
- Bearded Butcher Hollywood Blend
- Kosmos Q Kickin’ Cajun Wing Dust
- BBQ Sauce of choice. We used several:
- Lanes BBQ Kinda Sweet BBQ Sauce
- Big John’s Ol’ West BBQ Sauce
- Preheat wood pellet smoker to 250F.
- Begin by trimming any fat or silver skin off the pig wings (if you prefer). We only trimmed away a bit of excess fat but left the silver skin.
- Lightly coat the pig wings with mustard (this is only the carrier that will hold the spice – you will not taste the mustard)
- Generously season the pig wings with your favourite seasoning. We used several flavours.
- Place the pig wings directly on the smoker grate, and let them smoke for approximately 2 hours or until they reach an internal temperature of 165-170 F.
- Then transfer the pig wings into foil trays and top with pats of butter. Wrap tightly with foil and return to the smoker for another 1 ½ hours or until they reach an internal temperature of 210 F. (This internal temperature is important in order for the meat to be tender and fall off the bone)
- Once the pig wings have reached 210 F, increase the smoker temperature to 300 F.
- Remove them from the foil trays and place them directly onto the smoker grate. Brush with your favourite BBQ sauce. Grill until the sauce becomes tacky – approximately 10 mins.
- Remove from the smoker and allow to rest for approximately 10-15 mins.