One Pot Spinach & Sausage Rice
- 1 cup white rice (uncooked)
- 4 links Unger Meats CHORIZO SAUSAGE
- 2-3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 can black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 cup chicken broth (or vegetable stock)
- 1 ½ tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt & peper
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Grill Chorizo Sausage on direct heat until cooked through. Set aside to rest while you prepare the spinach and rice mixture.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add garlic and saute until fragrant – about 30 secs.
- Add onion and saute until translucent.
- Add diced tomatoes and cook until tomatoes soften – about 3-4 mins.
- Add spinach, black beans, and rice. Stir to combine and cook for a couple minutes.
- Add the broth and bring mixture to a boil.
- Season with curry powder, salt and pepper.
- Simmer the rice mixture for 18-20 mins on low heat with the lid on.
- Cut Chorizo Sausage into bite size pieces and throw them into rice mixture about half way through cooking.
- Stir all to combine and serve immediately.