- 1 ½ lbs Beef Tenderloin – sliced thin
(or other cut of beef you prefer)
- ½ cup Cornstarch
- Red Pepper Flakes
- ¼ cup Cooking Oil – divided
- 3 cloves Garlic – minced
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Ginger – minced
- ½ cup Soy Sauce
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Water
- Green Onions – sliced for garnish
(green parts only)
- Sesame Seeds – for garnish
- Slice Beef Tenderloin thinly. In a large ziplock bag, combine the sliced tenderloin and cornstarch AND red pepper flakes. Toss to coat the beef evenly. Allow this to sit while you prepare the wok.
- Prepare the BIG GREEN EGG. Insert the the ConvEGGtor Basket. Place the CARBON STEEL WOK into ConvEGGtor Basket. Preheat to 375-400 degrees F.
- Add the cooking oil to the hot WOK and spread around with the paddle.
- Add the steak coated with cornstarch to the hot wok. Working in batches to ensure you only have a single layer at a time. Cook on each side for about a minutes (just until the edges start to brown). Once the steak is cooked, remove and set aside on a plate.
- With the steak removed from the wok, add a tablespoon of cooking oil and then stir in garlic and ginger and sauté for 10-15 seconds.
- Then add the soy sauce, water and brown sugar mixture to the wok and let it come to boil.
- Add the steak back into the wok and let the sauce thicken for 20-30 seconds. The cornstarch used on the steak should thicken the sauce but if you find it isn’t thickening enough, add 1 tablespoon cornstarch to 1 tablespoon cold water, stir to dissolve the cornstarch and add to the wok.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Serve over rice. Enjoy!