- 12-14 Mini Sweet Bell Peppers
- 8 oz Cream Cheese Brick
- Smoke Show Chipotle Powder
- ½ lb Unger Meats Ground Farmer Sausage
- 12-14 slices Unger Meats Bacon (1 lb pkg)
- Preheat wood pellet smoker to 225 F.
Prepare Cream Cheese & Peppers:
- Fully coat the brick of cream cheese with Smoke Show Chipotle Powder.
- Place the cream cheese brick into a small foil tray coated with cooking spray or some cooking oil
- Prepare the peppers by cutting a “T” in them (see video) This allows for better access when stuffing while reducing the ability for them to leak filling during the smoking process.
- Smoke cream cheese and peppers at 225 F for approximately 2 hours. Check the peppers after 1 ½ hours to ensure they are not getting too soft. They should be somewhat “al dente” and pliable.
- Place the smoked cream cheese into a bowl and mix in the ground farmer sausage along with 1 tsp of Smoke Show Chipotle Powder. Combine well.
Stuffing and Wrapping the Peppers
- Fill the peppers as full as possible with the cream cheese/meat mixture BUT make sure you can still close them to their original shape.
- Wrap one slice of bacon around each pepper beginning at one end and working your way to the other. It’s best to “end” the bacon on the side opposite the “T” cut. This will keep the bacon in place as you will be placing them on the smoker “T” cut side UP so the cream cheese mixture does not leak out during the smoking process.
- Now season the bacon wrapped peppers one more time with the Smoke Show Chipotle Powder and place directly on the smoker grate.
- Smoke for approximately 90 mins or until the bacon has a nice “bite through” consistency.