Lamburgers w/ Bannock Buns
- 2 lbs Lean GROUND LAMB
- 1 pkg Onion Soup Mix
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup Bread Crumbs (such as Panko)
- Dash of Worcestershire Sauce
- Dash of Montreal Steak Spice
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Form into patties – roughly ¼ lb each
- Grill on BBQ – approximately 12-15 mins over medium direct heat; flipping half way through
- Served best with homemade Bannock Buns (see recipe below)
- Garnish with condiments of your choice. We used a combination of these: leafy green lettuce, cheese slice (Smoked Gouda or Havarti), Smak Dab Canadian Maple Mustard, crispy onions & pickles.
- Yields approximately 10 patties
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- ¾ cup Water
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Add all the dry ingredients together. Then add olive oil and whisk together with a fork.
- Gradually add water and stir until dough almost holds together.
- Move to a lightly floured surface and gently kneed until the dough comes together. Dough will be sticky.
- Divide into five balls and flatten in the palm of your hand.
- Fry in a pan of hot vegetable oil over medium heat until golden brown.
- Place on dry paper towel to wick excess oil
- Yields approximately 5 buns