Instant Pot Ground Chicken & Pasta
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 pound Ground Chicken
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry red wine*
- 1 (25-ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
* extra chicken stock can be used for red wine as a non-alcoholic substitute
- Set a 6-qt Instant Pot® to the high sauté setting. Heat olive oil; add ground chicken and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks.
- Add onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in wine, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Stir in marinara sauce, chicken stock and pasta; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 5 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions. Stir in basil and Parmesan.
- Serve immediately.