Heritage Bison Burgers w/ Bannock Buns
- 3 lbs GROUND BISON
- Course Salt & Ground Black Pepper to taste
- ½ cup Apple Butter BBQ Sauce
(or BBQ sauce of your choice – ours was pretty thick so keep in mind the thicker the sauce the less crumbs you will need)
- 1 cup Corn Flake Crumbs (or Panko) – adjust to desired consistency
- 1 Egg
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Form into patties – roughly ¼ lb each
- Grill on BBQ – approximately 15 mins over medium direct heat flipping half way through
- Served best with homemade Bannock Buns (see recipe below)
- Garnish with condiments of your choice. We used a combination of these: bacon, lettuce, cheese slice, Smak Dab Canadian Maple Mustard & mayonnaise.
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- ¾ cup Water
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Add all the dry ingredients together. Then add olive oil and whisk together with a fork.
- Gradually add water and stir until dough almost holds together.
- Move to a lightly floured surface and gently kneed until the dough comes together. Dough will be sticky.
- Divide into five balls and flatten in the palm of your hand.
- Fry in a pan of hot vegetable oil over medium heat until golden brown.
- Place on dry paper towel to wick excess oil