Ham Bone Soup
- 1 Leftover Ham Bone
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Stalks Celery
- 2 Carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 large Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 can White Kidney Beans (or beans of choice), drained and well rinsed
- 1 cup Frozen Corn
- ¾ tsp Thyme Leaves
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 ½ – 2 cups leftover Ham, diced
- Place leftover hambone in a large stockpot or Dutch oven and add enough water to cover the bone, about 8 cups. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until very fragrant, about 30 minutes to 1 hour; remove and discard hambone. This is now your HAM STOCK.
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, carrots, celery and potatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in ham stock, beans, corn, thyme and bay leaves; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in ham until heated through.
Serve immediately. ENJOY!