Grilled Stuffed Zucchini Boats (Vegetarian)
- 2 medium Zucchini – cut in half
- 5 teaspoons olive oil – we used Prairie Oils Tuscan Herb
- 1 medium Red Onion – chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic – minced
- ½ cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- ½ cup Bothwell Cheese Mozzarella Cheese – shredded
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- ½ cup Bothwell Cheese Parmesan Cheese – shredded
- Gourmet Inspirations Veggie Fusion for garnish
- Preheat Wood Pellet Grill to 400 degrees F. If you’re using a cast iron pan on the grill, place that in the smoker to get it heated up.
- Cut the Zucchini in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the pulp, leaving ¼” in the shells. Brush the inside of boats with Olive Oil and salt & pepper. Set aside.
- Chop zucchini pulp then and add red onion, garlic, panic bread crumbs, mozzarella cheese, salt & pepper. Mix well.
- In a large skillet (we used cast iron on wood pellet grill) cook pulp mixture until bubbly and golden brown – approximately 15-20 mins. We opened the FLAME BROILER for this part.
- Remove from heat and spoon into Zucchini Boats. Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese.
- Place Zucchini Boats onto baking sheet line with parchment or foil. Tent with foil and place on grill for 30 mins. CLOSE THE FLAME BROILER.
- Once the zucchini boats are somewhat tender, remove the foil and let them cook for an additional 5 mins.
- Remove from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes. Right before serving, sprinkle each zucchini boat with Gourmet Inspirations Veggie Fusion.