Garlic Balsamic Cross Rib Roast
- 1 Boneless Cross Rib Roast (approx 3 to 4 lbs)
- 3 Tablespoons Dark Balsamic
(good quality – We use Prairie Oils & Vinegars Traditional Dark Balsamic
- 3 Tablespoons Garlic, FRESH & finely minced
- 2 Tablespoons Thyme Leaves, crushed
- 1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Infused Olive Oil
(We use Prairie Oils & Vinegars Garlic Infused Olive Oil)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
2. Brush the roast with balsamic vinegar, making sure it gets into all the nooks of the roast. Make a paste of the minced garlic, thyme, smoked paprika, salt, pepper and garlic infused olive oil.
3. Rub paste mixture well all over the roast.
4. Place prepared roast into a large roasting pan, cook the for 15 minutes – uncovered. Then reduce oven temperature to 350 and cook until your desired internal temperature. Be sure to remove the roast 10 degrees before it reaches the desired temperature.
*Internal temperature – 145 F for medium rare | 160 F for well done*
5. Remove the roast from the oven and cover loosely with foil and let rest for approximately 20 minutes. Remember…the roast will continue to cook as it rests. The temperature will rise approximately approximately 10 degrees.
Carve and serve. Enjoy!!