Flat Iron Steak Marinade
- 1 1/2 lbs Flat Iron Steak
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar*
- 3 tablespoons Mesquite Smoke Olive Oil*
- 1 tablespoon fresh Lemon or Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Rosemary (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon White Pepper
- pinch of Kosher Salt
*we use Prairie Oils & Vinegars products
- Whisk together all marinade ingredients and pour into a plastic ziploc bag.
- Add Flat Iron Steak, squeeze out excess air, seal and marinade in refrigerator for 6-7 hours (or overnight)
- Preheat grill.
- Remove steak from marinade, shake off excess and discard the remaining marinade.
- Cook on preheated grill over medium-high, direct heat to desired doneness – approximately 4 mins per side for medium-rare.
- Remove steak from the grill and let rest 5-10 mins (this really seals in the juices) before cutting.
- For added flavour, we added a small pat of butter to each steak while resting 🙂