Firecracker Cedar Plank Salmon
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
(we use Prairie Oils & Vinegars Dark Traditional)
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Green Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
(we use Prairie Oils & Vinegars Extra Virgin)
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ teaspoon Sesame Oil
- ⅓ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Salmon Fillets (if you are using more than 1 fillet, double the marinade recipe)
- Cedar Planks for grilling
- Preparing the Cedar Plank: Place cedar plank in water and allow to soak for 3-6 hours. This is an important step!
- For the Marinade:
– In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Reserve ¼ cup for basting the salmon later. Put the remainder of the marinade in a large resealable bag.
– Add the salmon; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes. Cover and refrigerate the basting marinade.
- Preheat the grill for direct cooking at medium-high, about 400 degrees F.
- Remove marinaded salmon from the bag and discard the bag.
- Charring the cedar plank:
– Place the soaked cedar planks on the grill for a couple of minutes, or until slightly charred on one side.
– Flip the plank and place the salmon on the charred side.
- Close the grill and allow to cook for approximately 12 minutes. Remove salmon when it has reached an internal temperature of 135 degrees F.
- Serve immediately with your favourite side dish. We served it with a Brioche Bun grilled with Vonslick’s Garlic Confit Finishing Butter.