Farmer Sausage & Veggie Soup
- 1 pkg Unger Meats raw farmer sausage ends (available in-store)
- Pot full of water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cups corn (frozen or canned)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh parsley (use spice ball)
- 2 bay leaves
- Hot pepper flakes (to your liking)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Place farmer sausage ends in large stock pot. Fill with water. Bring to boil and cook for a couple hours. The water will have boiled down to about half of what you started with.
- Remove meat from stock and set aside.
- Add carrots, onions, potatoes, celery, frozen corn, parsley, bay leaves and salt & pepper to stock.
- Gently boil until vegetables are tender.
- Using a wire whisk, combine flour and milk and stir mixture into soup. Add grated cheese and cook, stirring constantly, until soup returns to a boil. Cook several minutes longer to melt cheese and thicken slightly.
- Add sausage back into sou and stir until meat is heated again.