Double Smoked Ham
- Unger Meats Fresh Smoked Ham
(we used a 5lb ½ bone in skin on ham)
- 1 cup Redpoll Farms Crabapple Jelly
- 1 cup Blues Hog Raspberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- Duckfat Spray
- Meat Church Honey Bacon BBQ Rub
DIRECTIONS for the GLAZE:
- Over medium heat, stir the Crabapple Jelly until it returns to liquid.
- Add the Raspberry Chipotle BBQ sauce to the jelly and stir until completely combined.
- Turn to simmer and keep warm until ready to glaze the ham.
DIRECTIONS for cooking the HAM:
- Preheat wood pellet smoker to 250 F.
- Place a small foil pan of water inside the smoker. This will help keep moisture in the meat as we will be smoking it uncovered.
- Remove ham from plastic wrap and pat dry with paper towels.
- Score the ham with a sharp knife – approx ¼ inch in checkered pattern.
- Spray entire ham with Duck Fat Spray and then generously season all sides of the ham with Meat Church Honey Bacon BBQ Rub.
- Place uncovered in the smoker and probe the ham.
- Once the internal temperature reaches 110 F, begin glazing the ham generously every 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the ham from the smoker once it reaches an internal temperature of 145 F. Cover with foil and rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Slice and serve. Enjoy!
Warm the remaining glaze and serve with the ham if you wish.