Creamy Zucchini Soup
- 1 Tablespoons Olive Oil or Butter
- 2 large Zucchini, about 6 cups cut into small pieces (DO NOT PEEL IT)
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 cups Broth (vegetable or chicken)
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Thyme optional
- 1 cup Sour Cream or Heavy Whipping Cream
- Heat oil (or butter) in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, until light golden brown.
- Add zucchini and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the salt, pepper, thyme and broth. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Using an immersion (stick) blender, blend the soup until smooth.
- Add in the sour cream (or heavy whipping cream) and stir to incorporate. Add more salt if necessary and serve with crusty warm bread.GARNISH IDEAS:
– pinch of shredded parmesan cheese
– dollop of sour cream
– fresh parsley or basil
- Keep in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.