Creamy Perogy Dinner
- 6 slices Unger Meats Bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2 x 400g bags Country Perogy Shop Perogies, frozen (we used a bag of Potato Cheddar and a bag of Mushroom)
- 1 can Cream Soup of choice (we used broccoli)
- ½ cup No Salt Added Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Salsa (can be hot if you like it a bit spicy)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 container Baby Spinach & Arugula Mix, chopped
- ¼ cup Sour Cream (for garnish)
- Cook bacon until crisp at medium heat in large skillet. Drain bacon on paper towel; remove all but 1 tbsp (15 mL) fat from skillet.
- Add onion, garlic and black pepper to skillet; cook and stir until onions are translucent, about 3 minutes. Return bacon to pan.
- Add perogies to skillet and cook until browned on each side, about 10 minutes.
- Add the soup, broth and salsa and stir to combine and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add parmesan cheese and spinach/arugula mix. Cover skillet with lid. Turn heat off and let sit for a couple of minutes to allow spinach to wilt slightly then mix.
- Garnish with sour cream and serve immediately.