Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- 2 ½ cups Flour
- 1 ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ¾ cup Butter (melted)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cups Shredded Green Zucchini
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 ½ cups Milk Chocolate Chips (more or less if you like)
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9×13 baking pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a bowl. Sift together until well mixed.
- Add butter, eggs, vanilla, zucchini and milk. Mix with hand mixer or by hand.
- Add chocolate chips and fold in gently.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and bake for 30 mins or until toothpick comes out clean in the centre. NOTE: This is a VERY moist cake so don’t mistaken “moist crumble goodness” as toothpick not coming out clean. 🙂 Let cool completely before frosting.
- Frost with your favourite chocolate frosting or try this one ;).ENJOY!!
- 6 tablespoons unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 ⅓ cup cups Icing Sugar
- ¾ cup Cocoa Powder
- ⅓ cup Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- ¼ tsp Salt (omit this if you are using salted butter)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium until it is smooth, about 1 minute
- Add icing sugar and cocoa powder and beat until combined. With the mixer running on SLOW speed, slowly stream in the milk and vanilla then add the salt (if using) and continue beating until well combined.
- Increase speed to high and beat the frosting for an additional 2 mins.