- 1 head of Smoked Garlic (approx 6 cloves)
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 1 Jalapeño, chopped fine
- 2 bunches Cilantro, chopped fine
- 1 bunch Parsley, chopped fine
- ⅓ cup fresh Oregano, chopped fine
- ¾ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- Juice of one Lemon
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
SMOKING THE GARLIC
- Cut off the top of Garlic bulb so that all the cloves are exposed.
- Drizzle with Olive Oil and a bit of kosher salt.
- Place the garlic head directly onto the smoker rack and let it smoke for about 45 mins.
- After 45 mins, turn the smoker up to 325 F and continue smoking until the garlic cloves are golden brown and soft.
- Remove from the smoker and the cloves are now ready to be squeezed out and used for your Chimichurri Sauce.
- Combine the smoked garlic cloves, shallot, jalapeño, lemon juice and vinegar in a bowl. Whisk and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the cilantro, parsley and oregano. Mix in the olive oil. Add kosher salt to taste.
- The sauce is better if you cover and chill it for a few hours to let the flavours meld together. This can be used as a marinade or as an accompaniment for any grilled beef.ENJOY!