Smoky Cherry Bomb Chicken
- 1 Heritage Lane Chicken
- ½ tube Vonslicks Olive Tapenade Finishing Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Heath Riles BBQ Cherry Rub and more for sprinkling
- Duck Fat Cooking Spray
- Preheat smoker to 320 F.
- Prepare whole chicken by patting dry with paper towel.
- Slightly soften the butter (do not melt) and mix together with 1 tablespoon Cherry Rub.
- Loosen the skin from the breast so you can slip your hand between the breast and skin. Rub all the butter mixture over the breasts (in between skin and breast meat).
- Sprinkle Cherry Rub over all sides of the chicken.
- Place in a foil pan and smoke until internal temperature reaches 145 F.
- Spray Duck Fat Cooking Spray over the entire exposed areas of the chicken and continue smoking until an internal temperature of 165 F is reached.
- Remove from the smoker and allow to rest for a few minutes before cutting.