Brined & Smoked Chicken Legs
- 4 Chicken Legs, Skin & Back on
- Whiskey Bent BBQ The Dunk All-Purpose Brine
- Whiskey Bent BBQ The Bird Dry Rub
- Duck Fat Cooking Oil Spray (optional)
PREPARE THE BRINE
- Prepare brine as per package directions.
- Place chicken and brine into large ziploc bag. Squeeze all the air out before sealing so that the chicken is fully covered in the brine.
- Place in large bowl and into refrigerator for at least 4 hours but overnight is preferred.
SMOKING THE CHICKEN
- Preheat wood pellet smoker to 250 F.
- Remove the chicken legs from the brine and pat dry.
- Season generously all over with Whiskey Bent BBQ The Bird Dry Rub.
- Place chicken legs on the smoker and smoke until they reach an internal temperature of 175 F. We had the chicken legs on the smoker for approximately 1 ½ hours.
If you are wanting nice crispy skin, spray with Duck Fat Cooking Oil Spray when you have just a few minutes left.