- 1 lb Unger Meats Bacon
- 1 lb Unger Meats Raw Pork Breakfast Sausage
- 4-5 Eggs, scrambled in advance
- Shredded Cheese of choice
- Gourmet Inspirations Canadian Maple Bourbon Sauce
- Preheat wood pellet smoker to 250 F.
- Scramble the eggs. Salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Next make a bacon weave. Lay 5 pieces of bacon side by side (touching) on parchment paper which will help to prevent sticking and will make it easier to roll later. Then weave the remaining pieces of bacon across those 5. Make sure your bacon weave is tight. *Watch Grill Talk video to see Wayne prepare the bacon weave.
- Then flatten a layer of the breakfast sausage evenly across your bacon weave.
- Add the scrambled egg mixture evenly across the sausage. Then spread the shredded cheese across the top of the eggs.
- Carefully roll the bacon weave up tightly to form what looks like a burrito. Tuck the ends of the bacon into the side of the breakfast burrito to secure all the contents.
- Place directly on the smoker grate and cook until the internal temperature reaches at least 160F. That will ensure the ground sausage is fully cooked. This will take about 1 ½ hours.
- Once you have reached an internal temperature of 160F, increase smoker temperature to 325F.
- Now, generously brush with Gourmet Inspirations Canadian Maple Bourbon Sauce and allow to cook for another 10-15 mins.
- Remove the breakfast burrito and let rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Slice 1” thick slices. This is great by itself, on a toasted biscuit, bagel or wrapped in a flour tortilla.
- Serve with salsa, pico, hot sauce or any toppings you like. Enjoy!