This is football season and it’s perfect for game day. Our Unger Meats Bratwurst give this recipe a little kick and loads of flavour! Load these up with your favourite toppings – really there is no wrong ingredient for these nachos, feel free to add whatever your family likes. Honestly though, the brats make these nachos so as long as you have those you’re good to go in the flavour department! 🙂 Enjoy!
*adapted from All Recipes – allrecipes.com
- 1 package Unger Meats Bratwurst sausages (flavour of your choice – we used the Tailgater for this recipe)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (we use Prairie Oils extra virgin)
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 can refried beans
- 1/2 cup green onions
- jalapeño pepper slices
- sliced black olives
- 1 – 8 oz package shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp onion powder, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Brown the bratwurst sausage in a skillet over medium heat, 10 to 12 mins, stirring often. Unger Meats Brats are precooked so you really need to just heat and brown them. Set aside.
- Melt butter together with olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook the onions in the butter and oil mixture until tender. (if you are using peppers or any other veggie, add them in with the onions in this step) Set aside.
- Spread the tortilla chips onto a baking sheet in an even layer.
- Spread the bratwurst slices, caramelized onions, dollops of refried beans, jalapeño peppers, olives, green onions, and Mexican cheese blend over the chips.
- Sprinkle with chilli powder, cayenne pepper, and onion powder.
- Bake the nachos in the preheated oven until hot and the cheese if melted, 10 to 15 mins. Watch carefully to avoid burning.