Smoked Beef Tri Tip (Trisket)
- 1 Beef Tri Tip (approx 5 lb)
- Coarse Kosher Salt for dry rub
(or Pink Himalayan Salt)
- Killer Hogs BBQ Beef TX Brisket Rub
- Rub Tri Tip with coarse kosher salt; wrap in butcher paper or plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat wood pellet smoker to 250 F.
- Remove tri tip from paper and rub generously with Killer Hogs BBQ Beef TX Brisket Rub.
- Place directly onto smoker grate and probe.
- Smoke until it reaches an internal temperature of 160 F.
- Remove from the smoker and wrap in butcher paper. Return to the smoker, probe and smoke until it reaches 200 F internal temperature.
- Remove and allow to rest for at least 15-30 mins.