Baked Beans w/ Farmer Sausage & Bacon
- Unger Meats Farmer Sausage
(we used the skinless version – 2 sausage lengths)
- ½ lb Unger Meats Bacon – cut into small pieces
- 2 small Red Peppers, chopped
- 1 small Yellow Pepper, chopped
- ½ medium Onion, chopped
- 1 (398 ml) can Pork n Beans
- 1 (15 ½ oz) can Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ½ oz) can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ½ oz) can Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ½ oz) can Pinto Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ½ oz) can Mixed Bean Blend, rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ cup Ketchup
- ¾ cup Packed Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Ol’ West BBQ Sauce (available in-store)
- 2 tsp Ground Mustard
- 2 squirts Liquid Smoke (this is optional as not everyone likes this flavour but it packs a nice smokey taste)
- 2 squirts Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Bake the Farmer Sausage, Bacon, Peppers & Onions all together in one pan.
- Meanwhile, combine Ketchup, BBQ Sauce, Brown Sugar, Mustard, Liquid Smoke, Worcestershire sauce, Garlic & Ground Pepper.
- Pour all the Beans into a large bowl and add the cooked Farmer Sausage, Bacon, Peppers & Onion. Then add the sauce and stir well until all combined.
- Pour into greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 325 for 1 hour. Uncover then bake for another 20-30 mins until bubbly.