Baba’s Buttermilk Pancakes
- Unger Meats Bacon
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Buttermilk
- 2 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil (add last)
- Prepare bacon as you normally would.
- Reserve bacon grease and set aside.FOR THE PANCAKES:
- Mix the dry ingredients together and whisk until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together eggs and buttermilk. (Oil comes in later)
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and gently fold together (don’t over mix)
- Add Vegetable Oil and combine gently.
*the batter will be very thick!
- Heat skillet and brush generously with reserved BACON GREASE.
- Use approximately ¼ to ½ cup of batter for each pancake.
- Brush a bit of extra bacon grease after you have flipped the pancakes.
- Serve with prepared bacon and a side of fruit